Monday, January 3, 2011

Cleanse Day 1

So we've made it through the first day of the cleanse!  And, honestly, I'm surprised at how full I've been nearly all day.  Here's what I ate:

Breakfast: Tropical Smoothie (Mango, Pineapple, almond milk and some Agave nectar for sweetness)
Lunch: Balsamic chicken with wild rice pilaf- was so delicious, and kept me full until dinner
Snack: Blueberries, raspberries and a couple pistachios
Dinner: Green Juice aka Grinch Juice as I like to call it.  It had all kinds of green veggies and fruits as well as some lemon- I loved it's color.

Although the juice may sound not so tasty, it really was.  Adam and I were surprised at how good it was- actually better than the smoothie at breakfast.

So how are we feeling?  I'm sure it will take a couple days for this detox to really affect our bodies, outside of being hungry once in a while.  But, I do feel a little sluggish and have a bit of a headache tonight.  The Doctor who created this cleanse says the first week is pretty tough because you often have less energy and your mood is off.  But the second week he says your energy comes back strong and people often wake up in the middle of the night and go for a run or clean the house!  That would be pretty amazing, considering I have a lot to get done at work the next couple weeks.

That's about all I have to report on the cleanse thus far.  I'm sure there will be more interesting stories to come.  I can tell our dog, Charlotte, will not enjoy the next few weeks without the daily treats of turkey, cheese and cottage cheese we usually slip her.  She gets anxious every time we walk to the fridge, only to find we are getting out another bag of green stuff.

On a side note.  We put up my new sewing table!

Now for my first project.......

No comments:

Post a Comment