Saturday, January 29, 2011

Book Recommendation

Finally, a Saturday with no work!  Unfortunately, for Adam, he had to go into the office today- which gave me an excuse to stay in my PJ's until lunch time.  I had planned on reading a good chunk of a book, but I couldn't put it down and was able to finish it.  I would highly recommend this book to everyone.
The Shadow Wife is one of the books recommended to me by Amazon.  I enjoy reading various types of books, but the ones that always seem to be page turners for me are those that have a good love story involved in some way and are either real or realistic.  There are times when I'm in the mood for a deep love story that's like all the other typical story lines you read, but usually I'm more attracted to something a little different.

This book was one of those different types of love stories.  It follows a few characters that become intertwined by the end of it all.  They all share not only interesting love lives, but nearly all of them had struggles coming into the world or bringing their own children into the world.  I think everyone should check this one out.  I know you won't be disappointed.  Diane Chamberlain did a great job developing these characters and pulling at your heart strings along the way.  I plan to read more of her books very soon.

Now it's time to get out of the PJ's and start painting the dining room!  Happy Saturday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I just finished reading this book this afternoon. I loved it. It didn't end the way I thought it would. I am downloading another of her books now. Can't do much else but read and mess around the house. There is not school here until Monday. We can't get out of our garage. Fred shoveled the patio off so Moses could get out. Looks like it will be days before things are back to normal. Truman is closed for the 2nd day--first time they have closed in 40 years!! But....I did hear the groundhog saw his shadow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked it! Adam mentioned that you were going to read it. I can't believe how much snow you all have gotten. I heard Mizzou closed for the last two days also! Everyone around there must be getting a good workout from the shoveling. It's finally starting to warm up here. No snow, but last night it sounded like someone was playing water glasses in our house- we're assuming it was the pipes, but luckily (as of this morning) none of them froze. The groundhog news was exactly what we all needed!

    ReplyDelete