Sunday, January 23, 2011

Beach Bums

In two short months we will be lying on the beach in Florida- and I am SO looking forward to it.  The last time I visited my grandparents at their home down there was over 10 years ago- which is just crazy.  So, I've been dreaming of the sandy beaches, clear water and some much needed R&R for the last month.

I just purchased a beach bag that I'm loving from etsy.com.  We are pretty land locked here in CO, so I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a beach bag I'd only use maybe once a year.  This one is very reusable, and I'm dying to get it in the mail.


Now to fill it.

                                                                   
These are my must haves for a day at the beach.  Cute, inexpensive (yet still 100% UV protection) sunglasses from TJMaxx - $7 and floppy beach hat- $17.  I L.O.V.E. TJMaxx- at least the one close to our house is amazing.  They have a home store/section to TJMaxx called HomeGoods that is to die for.  I could spend a few hours in the place and spend half the money I would at my favorite "name brand" stores. But, moving on...another item I love is Urban Outfitter's nail polish.  They have a great selection of long lasting colors and their newest thing is matte finished polishes, that are very interesting. Next is the woozie.  My grandma got me one of these for Xmas which says "Wine is my favorite color", and I'm certain I'll need it while visiting her in FL.  One of my favorite magazines- Real Simple.  A Jimmy Buffett book to keep me in a beachy state of mind- face it JB can always do that.  Sunscreen with 30 spf to lather on after the first 30 minutes of getting some Vitamin D.  

OK, so it's still two months away, but I'm already tasting the fresh fish and sweet daiquiris.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Court!! First off, congratulations to you and Adam for completing the cleanse. Don't know how you did it...I don't think I could drink cold soup for dinner. But, you guys look great!! And second...love the Woozie. I've never heard of it - absolute genius idea. I love your blog!! It sounds like you guys are doing great. Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave it to my Grandma to find this little gem. She LOVES white wine so it's her new best friend I think. They are cute, and you can get them personalized too! I love following your blog- you seem to keep youself very busy and I love all your outfit ideas! Hopefully I can see you sometime this YEAR!! So sad that we never get to catch up when I'm in J.C. Miss you SO much!

    ReplyDelete