Wednesday, September 7, 2011

16 weeks

Ahhh the relief!  I've been looking forward to temperatures below 90 for the last month, and it couldn't have come at a more perfect time.  And all of this means we are one season closer to meeting our little bean!  

How far along: 16 weeks 
Size of baby: Size of an avocado 

Total Weight Gain: Just around 4 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Expandable pants are a must have.  I've mostly been wearing the belly bands so that I can keep my pants unbuttoned, but this weekend I made a trip down to the Outlet malls and went a bit overboard at Motherhood Maternity.  No maternity tops though....I'm keeping my eye out for looser non-maternity tops that I can re-wear later.
Sex:  Check back in 24 weeks!
Movement: Tough to tell.  Sometimes I feel little twitches, but can't quite determine if they're the little nugget or not.
Sleep: I used to sleep like a log.  Now, not so much.  This whole laying on my side is just not my favorite.  I just bought a maternity pillow to help out, but once I make a mid-night bathroom run, it's tough to fall back asleep.
What I miss: Not much.  I wish I could keep up with everyone else like I did pre-pregnancy, but now I have to be the old lady and duck out for bed early.
Cravings: Nothing really.
Symptoms: An expanding waist!  Luckily the exhaustion has worn off.

What I’m looking forward to: Checkup this Friday- 17 weeks.  And then in just a few short weeks we go in for the big 20 week appointment!  We won't be finding out the sex of course, but they do the normal anatomy scan- so we get to see the little face, fingers, and toes.

This week we also attended our 2nd wedding of the year!  I was so glad we were able to make it back to STL for my friend Abbey and John's big day!  It was gorgeous, and of course the bride looked AMAZING!  I would love to share pictures (and planned on it), however I got some interesting news after I discovered our camera wasn't working at the wedding.  SOMEONE decided it was safe to put the camera in his waders while he went fly fishing a couple weeks ago.  And well, it's pretty much ruined.  So, that meant no pictures at the wedding :(  The photographer did snap a shot with me and the bride....but it may be a while before I see that one.  Now on to our next wedding- this weekend in Aspen!  Another great couple that I can't wait to see tie the knot!  Pictures will be taken, even though that means I'll look like a tourist or second photographer carrying around our big camera.

While we were back in Missouri we were also lucky enough to visit with some of my family and one of my besties, Jessica, and her hubby Travis housed us for most of the weekend.  And of course I couldn't forget my awesome Aunt Janis and Mom for picking us up from the airport at 1:30 am after a ridiculous plane delay.  Thank you SO much again!  It was really a wonderful visit and I'm so glad we were able to spend so much time together.  My Mom brought up some of the baby goodies she's been working on lately.


Little Booties
Fuzzy rattle

My Mom has been slaving away with all types of baby projects and she's really done an amazing job.  I couldn't be more happy to have all this homemade stuff for Baby C, who I'm sure will appreciate it just as much.  She's also made the Baby's quilt, but I'll save that for the big nursery reveal post later! 

She did an amazing job on this stuff, right?!

So what am I making?  Trying to motivate myself to finish some of these really cute things I've already begun or committed to making before Baby arrives:
Patchwork for a sleep sack

Cloth diapers that I'm hoping to turn in to cute burp clothes
That's all the projects for me so far.  Hopefully I get motivated once the cooler weather forces us inside and the weddings die down.

Hope you all are doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment