Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baby on the Brain

It could be the multiple preschool tours, my expanding waistline, our weekend of registering for baby or my Sunday baby project- whatever it is I have constant baby brain.  Understandable for a pregnant lady, but a change none the less.  My normal thoughts and occasional worries have shifted from weekend dinner plans with friends, planning our next vacation and the best wine pairing to the best bottle for a breast-feeding baby, teacher to children ratios and shirts that don't expose the bottom part of my belly.  Oh how things have changed- for the best absolutely- but changes none the less.

I feel like the last couple weeks this baby has had a major growth spurt.  My bump is no longer subtle, and unless I wear a moo-moo, it's obvious.

Ignore my pre-Home Depot look, but this is the most recent picture I have.
You all may not think it's that big, but trust me, when you're looking down on it...it is.  And I've gotten lots of comments from co-workers and friends that I've popped.

Outside of growing, we've been busy planning for baby's arrival.  We've toured three preschools (one more tomorrow) and checked another big to- do off our list: registering.  Both processes have been really fun and one more step closer to meeting the little one.  The preschools are so fun to visit.  I love seeing the little kiddos big eyes when we walk in and watch as they slowly curl up the ends of their mouths once they feel more comfortable with us in the room.  I never realized how crazy some of these places are about registration fees, wait lists and fancy teaching methods....for infants!  But, we've found two that we are really interested in, and both seem to have pretty good chances of having openings when our little one is ready to start.  So, that's a relief.

This weekend I was able to spend some time catching up on some of my sewing projects.  I had a deadline for a shower this coming weekend, so it was good motivation.


Friends of ours are having twin girls in November.  These will be a cute addition to their diaper bag.


And I, of course, stuck to my favorite baby color combo- orange, teal, and mint green.

I've heard burp clothes made from old-fashioned cloth diapers are really great.  I loved being able to create my own with some cute fabrics.  And compared to these cute burp clothes that inspired me, and cost $11 a piece, I'm pretty happy with my $3 burpies.  Warning: If you invite me to a baby shower anytime soon, don't be surprised if your gift includes a few of these. 

I promise my next post will NOT be baby related.  Instead I'm going to find something to do about these:


They seem to take over our freezer quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment