Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bowls of Banana Batter

From my last post you'll remember that we had shelves full of ripe, frozen bananas just waiting to be used.  I finally found the time to put them to good use.  Rather than the same old banana bread, I whipped up a couple types of muffins.  There was the option of delicious banana chocolate chip cookies, but I thought I'd be better off sticking to a more healthy recipe, considering we eat a dozen of these in less than a week.

So here's what I made:

Healthy Banana- Blueberry Muffins (222 calories each, 9.2g fat, 4.4g protein, 2.6g fiber)

Zucchini, Banana and Flaxseed Muffins (183 calories each, 2g fat, 5g protein, 3g fiber)
I got these from my go-to magazine for easy, healthy and delicious recipes: Martha Stewart's Everyday Food.

If you have bananas taking over your freezer, I highly suggest giving these muffins a try- they are so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment