Monday, January 30, 2012

37 Weeks

Can you believe it?  Full Term!!!  Baby C could arrive any day- although I'm not convinced he or she will be making an early debut.  

How Far Along: 37 weeks
Size of Baby: Swiss Chard (think Romaine Lettuce)- just over 6lbs and 19 inches long
Total Weight Gain: 30lbs!
Maternity Clothes: All Maternity- it's just the most comfortable.
Sex: ???? We shall see soon!
Movement: This little one has always been more of a roller and twister, not so much kicking and punching.  But, in the last couple weeks I've definitely noticed a change in the movements.  With such little space in there, he or she just stretches and of course sticks out the booty- which has become his or her favorite move.  Dinner time until bedtime is definitely the most active time for this little bean.
Sleep: Not so bad, believe it or not.  I have to make multiple bathroom trips every night, but unless I have lots on my mind when I lay back down, I usually can fall back asleep.  Thank God!
What I miss: Feeling comfortable.  Walking is awkward with all the added pressure, sitting can become uncomfortable quickly and standing up, bending over or just changing positions is such a chore!
Cravings: Still nothing- any and all food is fine with me.  Looking forward to a big sushi dinner after Baby C arrives!
Symptoms: Heartburn, nausea here and there, no motivation to work (is that a symptom or just being ready for baby?) and of course feeling XXXXL!
What I'm looking forward to: February 17th- if not earlier!  This pregnancy has really been great, and I never have had many complaints.  
Over the last 8 months I've struggled a bit with the idea of losing my baby bump, and that's mostly because I love having the little one with me at all times and feeling him or her move around.  This will be the only time that Baby C can't leave my side, whether he or she wants to or not! As month 9 rolled around, I thought "Oh, this is no big deal, I can deal with this for a few more weeks."  But, as the days pass, I realize why the 9th month is such an important part of the pregnancy- it motivates you for labor and getting the little one out of there!  Everyday Baby C seems to get a bit heavier and makes it a little more difficult for Mama to move around.  So, bring it on- we're ready!

37 week appointment tomorrow!  At the 36 week appointment, the doctor confirmed that the little nugget is head down and every thing's looking healthy!

Soon to come- Our last baby shower and maternity pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment