Friday, December 31, 2010

Welcome 2011

With the New Year comes so many things to look forward to, and so many new projects- this blog being one of them.  But I couldn’t be more exciting and new ideas have been churning in my head since we got in the car to head back from Christmas in Missouri.  We received so many great things this year, and now all I can think about is, where will it all go?  For those of you that haven’t seen our house, it’s not the largest, but it’s so cozy and perfect for our little family of three.  Due to it’s size we have to get creative with storage, and I love finding new ideas for this.  In looking through all our gifts, here’s what I’m thinking…

Gift #1- My first sewing machine

It’s been a long time coming, but I finally decided I need my own machine.  Asking my Mom to make pillows and curtains for our house is just not going to work anymore.  But, before I start sewing I need somewhere to do it.  It would get old constantly hauling this thing up to the dining room table, plus all the fabric and thread that will come along with it.  I had a couple ideas for this- an armoire with pull out table, a desk surrounded by some shelves….and then I remembered this amazing gateleg table I'd found.



It couldn't be more perfect for the space!  It folds right up to be a small table for displaying pictures and we can unfold it for game night or extra dining space.  All I need to find now is the perfect shelf or bookcase for storing the machine and all my other craft supplies.

Gift #2- China

Our collection of china continues to grow!  We registered for this when we got married, and luckily our families haven’t forgotten about it.  Currently it’s being stored in a buffet piece we are using as our bar area in the basement, which you’ll see needs some tweaking due to gift #3.  Luckily I’ve already purchased a new, tall china cabinet for this at an antique store (below).  Now I just need to actually re-finish it as well as the rest of the dining room.  


Gift #3- Wine Cooler, Wine and Wine Glasses
Adam and I have been taking a wine class with friends for the last month and absolutely love it.  We used to always drink the same types of wine- Syrah, Pinot Noir and maybe Chardonnay in the summer, but this class has really helped us to branch out and find a love for so many other types.  We still have another few months left to complete the class.  This was such a great gift for us!  And if you are interested in the class, let me know.  It's a set of DVD's and is taught by a Master of Wine.  Such a great winter activity to do with friends in your own home.

Now, if I could just finish my china cabinet and add some corner shelves in the dining room this weekend, I could make space for all the dishes that have taken up our bar area!

Thanks to everyone for ALL the wonderful Christmas gifts!  We are both so thankful for everything we received- whether we had a place for it in our house or not.  Now, I'm off to Starbucks to get some reading done on my new Kindle!




2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just saw the link on facebook! How fun to have a blog now. I just bought a sewing machine in July! Jodi also bought one in September and she makes adorable aprons. I have only done some pillows and baby stuff. Hope you and Adam are doing well! Excited to read up on your guys' life in CO. Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like new sewing machines are the trend! I hope the pregnancy is going well. That little girl will be here in no time!

    ReplyDelete